For Nutritionists: How to run an initial nutrition consultation
Learn the 5 steps to running a productive nutrition consultation with confidence
This course is for nutritionists who know the nutrition part already, but want to be more confident at the client consultation part.
It's a "virtual shadowing" experience showing what I have learned about running a nutrition consultation from over 1,500 hours of one-to-one sessions.
After taking this course you will know how to:
- put the client at ease
- progress through a consultation in an ordered way
- ask the right questions to gather the most relevant information
- provide a plan that will help the client achieve their goals
- end the consultation with the client having got what they were looking for
It took me years of trial and error in consultations to learn this. I want to save you the time so you (and your clients) can have confidence in yourself and you can get on with passing on your nutrition knowledge.
This course is designed for:
- student nutritionists
- pre-placement student dietitians
- anyone starting out in clinic
- anyone wanting to improve their consultation skills and confidence.
Jo Travers, The London Nutritionist and author of The Low-Fad Diet, is a professional, evidenced-based nutritionist and Registered Dietitian in London. She has carried out over 1,500 hours of one-to-one consultations with more than 600 clients, as well as the additional hours of workshops, research, and media work with the BBC, Channel 4, Islam Channel and more. She has more than 1,000 followers on social media and has recently launched a YouTube channel. Now she wants to pass this experience on to you.